imputil.py, is this a bug ?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Nov 7 16:00:20 EST 2009

Stef Mientki wrote:
> Gabriel Genellina wrote:
>> En Fri, 06 Nov 2009 18:33:37 -0300, Stef Mientki
>> <stef.mientki at gmail.com> escribió:
>>
>>> I get an error compiling with pyjamas, in the standard module
>>> imputil, _import_top_module
>>
>> Note that imputil is undocumented in 2.5, deprecated in 2.6 and
>> definitively gone in 3.0

It was deprecated because it is buggy and unmaintainable.

In 3.1 it has been replaced with the new written-in-Python importlib.
That has also been added to the upcoming 2.7.

Anyone using imputil and having problems with it should try the 2.7
version of importlib and see if it runs well-enough on earlier versions.

Terry Jan Reedy