How to parse HTTP time header?

Kevin Ar18 kevinar18 at
Sun Nov 8 04:39:31 CET 2009

Basically, I'm wondering if it is part of the standard library somewhere before I code my own.

Page 20 of RFC2616 (HTTP) describes the format(s) for the time header.  It wouldn't be too difficult for me to code up a solution for the 3 standard formats, but what get's me is the little note about how some servers may still send badly format time headers. :(

So, I'm curious if this has already been done in the standard Python library?

How about in one of the Python web frameworks?  Do any have a more robust solution already done?