how to create a pip package

Phlip phlip2005 at
Tue Nov 10 15:30:53 CET 2009

On Nov 10, 1:54 am, Wolodja Wentland <wentl... at>

ktx... now some utterly retarded questions to prevent false starts.

the distutils page starts with "from distutils.core import setup".

but a sample project on github, presumably a pippable project, starts

    from setuptools import setup, find_packages

(and it also has ez_setup())

I don't foresee my project growing larger than one* file any time
soon. 'pip freeze' prob'ly won't write a What is the
absolute simplest to stick my project on the PYTHONPATH, and
be done with it?

[*but rest assured it has a developer test suite and a customer test