can i configure IDLE to use python 3.2 on fedora?

Aahz aahz at
Tue Nov 10 23:02:52 CET 2009

In article <mailman.2647.1257437620.2807.python-list at>,
Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at> wrote:
>  on fedora 11 system, there is no python 3 package so i downloaded
>and manually installed (svn checkout) python pre-3.2 in
>/usr/local/bin.  works fine, but if i install the python-tools
>package, "idle" that comes with it is hard-coded(?) to still refer to
>the officially-installed python-2.6.  i see no way to configure idle
>to use the "python3" executable instead.

Just find your python3 IDLE, I think it's in Tools/
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

[on old computer technologies and programmers]  "Fancy tail fins on a
brand new '59 Cadillac didn't mean throwing out a whole generation of
mechanics who started with model As."  --Andrew Dalke