is None or == None ?

greg greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Nov 11 04:32:30 EST 2009

Vincent Manis wrote:

> That's my point. I first heard about Moore's Law in 1974 from a talk given
> by Alan Kay. At about the same time, Gordon Bell had concluded, independently,
> that one needs extra address bit every 18 months

Hmmm. At that rate, we'll use up the extra 32 bits in our
64 bit pointers in another 48 years. So 128-bit machines
ought to be making an appearance around about 2057, and
then we'll be all set until 2153 -- if we're still using
anything as quaintly old-fashioned as binary memory
addresses by then...

--
Greg