python simply not scaleable enough for google?

Peter Chant peteRE at MpeteOzilla.Vco.ukE
Wed Nov 11 19:20:36 EST 2009

Terry Reedy wrote:

> I can imagine a day when code compiled from Python is routinely
> time-competitive with hand-written C.

In my very limited experience it was very informative programming in C for
PIC microcontrollers and inspecting the assembly code produced.  If I just
threw together loops and complex if statements the assembly produced was
very long and impossible to follow whereas if I though carefully about what
I was doing, tried to parallel what I would have done in assembly I found
the assembly produced looked a lot like I imagined it would if I were
programming in assembler directly.  Except that the whole process was 10x
faster and actually worked.

Pete

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk