About one class/function per module

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Thu Nov 12 14:10:32 CET 2009

On Tuesday 03 November 2009, 12:52:20 Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
> Peng Yu wrote:
> >>
> >> Or, again, you could work _with_ the tools you're using in the way
> >> they're meant to be used, rather than re-inventing the whole process
> >> of version control yourself.
> >
> > I'm not trying to reinvent a new version control. But due to this
> > drawback, I avoid use a version control system. Rather, I compressed
> > my source code in a tar file whenever necessary. But if a version
> > control system has this capability, I'd love to use it. And I don't
> > think that no version control system support this is because of any
> > technical difficult but rather because of practical issue (maybe it
> > takes a lot efforts to add this feature to an existing version control
> > system?).
> There are those people who realize if *everything* they encounter needs
> adjustment to fit their needs, their needs need adjustment.
> Others fight an uphill battle & bicker about things not being as they
> want them.
> Don't get me wrong - innovation often comes from scratching ones personal
> itch. But you seem to be suffering from a rather bad case of
> neurodermatitis.

Diez, sorry for chiming in that lately, but while the whole thread is
spilled over for no good reason, your QOTW remembered me on a quote of
R.A.W., that sounds like a perfect fit:

Whatever the Thinker thinks, the Prover will prove.

And if the Thinker thinks passionately enough, the Prover will prove the
thought so conclusively that you will never talk a person out of such a
belief, even if it is something as remarkable as the notion that there is a
gaseous vertebrate of astronomical heft ("GOD") who will spend all eternity
torturing people who do not believe in his religion.

From "Prometheus Rising" by Robert Anton Wilson