2.6 and sys.exit()

John Yeung gallium.arsenide at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 00:02:56 EST 2009

On Nov 12, 11:32 pm, hetchkay <hetch... at gmail.com> wrote:
> But I don't understand why the interpreter does not exit in 2.6 but
> does exit in 2.5. Well, I do not need to understand that but I need to
> know how to get the interpreter to exit in 2.6.

Well, taken at face value, I would say the answer is to not use the -i
option. ;)  But I assume you would like to be able to sometimes enter
interactive mode after the script completes but sometimes not?

That I don't know how to do, but I would think it is either very
simple or impossible.  Surely someone more knowledgeable will be able
to say which it is.

Also, if you present your reason for wanting such behavior, maybe
people can suggest alternatives that will serve your needs, even if
not exactly replicating what you had in 2.5.

John