open source linux -> windows database connectivity?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at
Fri Nov 13 10:03:54 CET 2009

Tony Schmidt wrote:
>> Note: The client part of this product is free. You only need to
>> get a license for the server part.
> Yeah, but don't I need the server part to make the connection?

Sure, but you don't need to get a license per client, unlike for
e.g. the combination mxODBC + EasySoft OOB.

Marc-Andre Lemburg

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Nov 13 2009)
>>> Python/Zope Consulting and Support ...
>>> mxODBC.Zope.Database.Adapter ...
>>> mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ...

::: Try our new mxODBC.Connect Python Database Interface for free ! :::: Software, Skills and Services GmbH  Pastor-Loeh-Str.48