python simply not scaleable enough for google?

Vincent Manis vmanis at telus.net
Sat Nov 14 03:37:23 EST 2009

On 2009-11-14, at 00:22, Alf P. Steinbach wrote, in response to my earlier post.

> Anyways, it's a good example of focusing on irrelevant and meaningless precision plus at the same time utilizing imprecision, higgedly-piggedly as it suits one's argument. Mixing hard precise logic with imprecise concepts and confound e.g. universal quantification with existential quantification, for best effect several times in the same sentence. Like the old Very Hard Logic + imprecision adage: "we must do something. this is something. ergo, we must do this".
OK, now we've reached a total breakdown in communication, Alf. You appear to take exception to
distinguishing between a language and its implementation. My academic work, before I became a computer
science/software engineering instructor, was in programming language specification and implementation,
so I *DO* know what I'm talking about here. However, you and I apparently are speaking on different
wavelengths.

> It's just idiocy.
Regretfully, I must agree.

> But fun.