A "terminators' club" for clp

r rt8396 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 13:08:59 EST 2009

On Nov 14, 7:28 am, gil_johnson <x7-g5W... at earthlink.net> wrote:

> How about using a "rank this post" feature? Anybody could rank a post
> as spam, and a sufficiently large number of negatives would quickly
> draw the attention of someone with the power to kill the message. I
> suppose even this is subject to abuse, allowing harassment of a
> legitimate poster., but my guess is that the votes against counterfeit
> Nike shoes, etc., would outnumber the most energetic "vote troll."
> Gil

Actually there is a "rank this post" (gotta be careful with that
verbage!) AND a "report this post as spam". Of course it only exists
in GG's and not Usenet. I *do* know that the star system is used quite
frequently, but i doubt anyone bothers to use the "report as spam"
link since it seems have no effect whatsoever.