python-daemon and upstart

Paul Rudin paul.nospam at rudin.co.uk
Sat Nov 14 14:41:10 EST 2009

Paul Rudin <paul.nospam at rudin.co.uk> writes:

> So I would have expected it to be necessary in this case. Maybe this is
> more an upstart issue than a python-daemon one - not sure.

Aha - so I discover that if detach_process is not explicitly passed to
the DaemonContext initialiser it tries to guess whether it needs to do
the double fork thing or not, passing it through explicitly makes every
work as I expected.

So it's probably an rtfm error on my part. Although I suppose that there
may be an argument the the DaemonContext guessing should try and detect
this situation.... not sure.