A "terminators' club" for clp

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Nov 14 17:52:01 EST 2009

r wrote:
> On Nov 14, 4:59 am, kj <no.em... at please.post> wrote:
>> But, as I already showed, I'm out of my depth here,
>> so I'd better shut up.
>
> Don't give up so easy! The idea is great, what Paul is saying is that
> most people who read this group use newsreaders and that has nothing
> to do with google groups. These guy's have kill filters for just this
> sort of thing but either way the emails are on their puters so they
> have to deal with them on an individual basis. It would be nice
> however to clean up the Google group version and rid it of the plagues
> of spam infestations.

Anyone with a newsreader can, like me, read gmane.comp.python.general,
which mirrors python-list, which now filters out much/most of the spam
on c.l.p from G.g.

To post from g.c.p.g, one must use a real email address and respond once
  to an email sent to that address.

So, the only reason to use c.l.p is if one wants to post anonymously,
like the spammers do ;-).

Terry Jan Reedy