Image to SVG conversion with Python

Carlo DiCelico carlo.dicelico at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 10:19:49 EST 2009

I need to convert JPEG and PNG files to SVG. I'm currently using PIL
to generate the JPEG/PNG files to begin with. However, I need to be
able to scale the generated images up in size without a loss of image
quality. Using SVG seems to be the best way to do this, other than
generating the images in the maximum size/resolution in the first
place, which would be too resource intensive.

I've looked around online and have found some tools for creating SVGs
but none for converting an image into SVG.

Does anyone have any experience doing this? What would be the best way
to go about this?

Thanks,
Carlo