Command line arguments??

Nobody nobody at nowhere.com
Tue Nov 17 14:26:46 EST 2009

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 23:30:09 +0000, Rhodri James wrote:

> Quote the filenames or escape the spaces:
>
> C:\Python26\Python.exe C:\echo.py "C:\New Folder\text.txt"
>
> We've been living with this pain ever since windowed GUIs encouraged users
> to put spaces in their file names (Apple, I'm looking at you!).
> Fundamentally, if people want the pretty they have to live with the
> consequences.

We've been living with much worse ever since Unix allowed users to put
not only spaces but even newlines in their filenames.

At least, those of us who prefer "works" over "sort of works most of the
time" have.

Then Python 3 decides to pretend that argv and environ and stdin contain
text rather than bytes, thereby ensuring that Python 2 will outlive Python
3.