IOError: [Errno 28] No space left on device

Tim Chase python.list at
Wed Nov 18 02:47:25 CET 2009

>> for i in glob.glob('/sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy*/iwlagn/data/continuous_tx'):
>> 	with open(i, 'w') as f:
>> 		print >>f, cont_tx
>> work perfectly.
>> But following get error like:
>> print >>f, cont_tx
>> IOError: [Errno 28] No space left on device
> Apparently the harddisk where you stored the file is full?

Likely a misinterpretation of the error.  I'm guessing either one
needs to be root to write to this [likely virtual] file, or a
member of an associated group.  It would help to have the output of

bash$ whoami
bash$ id

bash$ ls -lsF

I'd be particularly interested in the group association and the
permission bits.