python gui builders

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 17:11:23 EST 2009

Simon Hibbs wrote:
> On 18 Nov, 07:51, sturlamolden <sturlamol... at yahoo.no> wrote:
>

>> GPL
>>

> PyQT is GPL for now, but Qt itself is available under the LGPL as is
> PySide. Eventualy PySide, which tracks the PyQT API, will supplant it
> and the issue will be moot. For now it can be a problem, but PyQT
> developer licenses are very afordable at only a few hundred dollars.
> If a commercial project can't aford that, it's got problems.
>
> Only you can know enough to make an informed decision. Wx does look
> more usable than last time I used it for a project and is a fine
> option too, for me though QT is the gold standard against all others
> are measured, and generaly found wanting.
>
> Simon Hibbs

Wouldn't it be nice
if each fan of some form of GUI-package,
would post it's code (and resulting images) for generating one or two
standard GUI-forms ?

Then everyone can judge the differences,
and see what's simple and not  so simple !!

And of course I'm willing to contribute the wxPython (wrapped in some
convenience procedures) for it.

cheers,
Stef