FYI: ConfigParser, ordered options, PEP 372 and OrderedDict + big thank you

Fri Nov 20 00:55:46 EST 2009

Jonathan Fine wrote:...
> A big thanks to Armin Ronacher and Raymond Hettinger for
>    PEP 372: Adding an ordered dictionary to collections
> ...  I prototyped (in about an hour).
>
> I then thought - maybe someone has been down this path before....
>
> So all that I want has been done already, and will be waiting for me
> when I move to Python3.
>
> So a big thank you is in order.

And thank you for, having done that, not simply smiling because your
work was lighter.  Instead you described a great work path and handed
an attaboy to a pair of people that richly deserve attaboys.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org