python simply not scaleable enough for google?

Robin Becker robin at
Fri Nov 20 11:12:26 CET 2009

Aahz wrote:
> In article <mailman.224.1257933469.2873.python-list at>,
> Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at> wrote:
>>  thoughts?
> Haven't seen this elsewhere in the thread:

I looked at this and it looks very good in that stackless appears twice as fast
as go(lang) (I used to be in the department of computing at Imperial so I
suppose I have to side with McCabe).

Anyhow, my reading of why Pike was so proud of his set up and tear down of the
tasks example was that these were real threads.

Presumably that means they could potentially run in parallel on the 100000 cpu
machines of the future.

I'm not so clear on whether the threadless tasklets will run on separate cpus.
Robin Becker