Python Will Not Send Email!!

Victor Subervi victorsubervi at
Fri Nov 20 16:58:00 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Carsten Haese <carsten.haese at>wrote:

> Kevin neglected to mention that the new interpreter session must be
> started in the same directory as the one you're in when you run your
> script. Since he didn't mention that, we can't be sure that
> that's what you did, so this experiment doesn't prove anything.
> Please show us a copy-and-paste of your command line window contents
> that result from executing <<python>> and then executing
> <<python -c "import email; print email">> immediately thereafter.

[root at 13gems]# python
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "", line 2, in ?
    import smtplib
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/", line 49, in ?
    from email.base64MIME import encode as encode_base64
ImportError: No module named base64MIME
[root at 13gems]# python -c "import email; print email"
<module 'email' from 'email.pyc'>