scanning under windows WIA with custom settings (dpi / etc )

r rt8396 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 02:18:58 EST 2009

On Nov 22, 11:32 am, News123 <news... at free.fr> wrote:

> - This script works fine for me under Windows 7, however I'm
>   unable to   specify additional parameters, like dpi and
>   color mode.

I have found something interesting but have no idea HOW to implement
it?? It seems the setting for the scanner are in the registry and must
be changed that way or by specifically calling these constants on the
device.

WIA_IPS_YRES (ScannerPictureYres)
Contains the current vertical resolution, in pixels per inch, for the
device. An application sets this property to set the vertical
resolution. The minidriver creates and maintains this property. Type:
VT_I4, Access: Read/Write or Read Only, Valid Values: WIA_PROP_RANGE
or WIA_PROP_LIST

WIA_IPS_XRES (ScannerPictureXres)
Contains the current horizontal resolution, in pixels per inch, for
the device. An application sets this property to set the horizontal
resolution. The minidriver creates and maintains this property. Type:
VT_I4, Access: Read/Write or Read Only, Valid Values: WIA_PROP_RANGE
or WIA_PROP_LIST

WIA_IPS_OPTICAL_XRES (ScannerPictureOpticalXres)
Note  This property is supported only by Windows Vista and later.
Horizontal Optical Resolution. Highest supported horizontal optical
resolution in DPI. This property is a single value. This is not a list
of all resolutions that can be generated by the device. Rather, this
is the resolution of the device's optics. The minidriver creates and
maintains this property. This property is required for all items.
Type: VT_I4, Access: Read Only, Valid values: WIA_PROP_NONE

WIA_IPS_OPTICAL_YRES (ScannerPictureOpticalYres)
Note  This property is supported only by Windows Vista and later.
Vertical Optical Resolution. Highest supported vertical optical
resolution in DPI. This property is a single value. This is not a list
of all resolutions that are generated by the device. Rather, this is
the resolution of the device's optics. The minidriver creates and
maintains this property. This property is required for all items.Type:
VT_I4, Access: Read Only, Valid values: WIA_PROP_NONE

WIA_IPS_BRIGHTNESS (ScannerPictureBrightness)
The image brightness values available within the scanner.Contains the
current hardware brightness setting for the device. An application
sets this property to the hardware's brightness value. The minidriver
creates and maintains this property. Type: VT_I4, Access: Read/Write,
Valid Values: WIA_PROP_RANGE

WIA_IPS_CONTRAST (ScannerPictureContrast)
Contains the current hardware contrast setting for a device. An
application sets this property to the hardware's contrast value. The
minidriver creates and maintains this property. Type: VT_I4, Access:
Read/Write, Valid Values: WIA_PROP_RANGE

WIA_IPS_ORIENTATION (ScannerPictureOrientation)
Specifies the current orientation of the documents to be scanned. The
minidriver creates and maintains this property. Type: VT_I4, Access:
Read/Write, Valid Values: WIA_PROP_LIST

------------------------
 Image Intent Constants
------------------------
Image intent constants specify what type of data the image is meant to
represent. The WIA_IPS_CUR_INTENT scanner property uses these flags.
To provide an intent, combine an intended image type flag with an
intended size/quality flag by using the OR operator. WIA_INTENT_NONE
should not be combined with any other flags. Note that an image cannot
be both grayscale and color.

WIA_INTENT_IMAGE_TYPE_COLOR (ImageTypeColor)
WIA_INTENT_IMAGE_TYPE_GRAYSCALE (ImageTypeGrayscale)
WIA_INTENT_IMAGE_TYPE_TEXT (ImageTypeText)
WIA_INTENT_MINIMIZE_SIZE (MinimizeSize)
WIA_INTENT_MAXIMIZE_QUALITY (MaximizeQuality)
WIA_INTENT_BEST_PREVIEW (BestPreview)