Line Breaks

Gary Herron gherron at islandtraining.com
Mon Nov 23 14:26:38 EST 2009

Susan Day wrote:
> Hi;
> I have the following line of code I'm sending to postfix:
>
>   msg = 'A Message From %s:\n\n %s' % (string.replace(customer, '_', '
> '), msg)
>
> Unfortunately, it ignores the line breaks. I also tried %0A but that
> was ignored also. Please advise.
> TIA,
> Suzie
 That line does not ignore line breaks.  Proof:
 >>> print 'A Message From %s:\n\n %s' % ('someone','some message')
A Message From someone:

 some message

So...  *Exactly* what are you doing with msg, and *exactly* what is your
evidence that line breaks are being ignored.  With that information,
perhaps we can identify and solve the real problem you're having.

Gary Herron