python and netezza

M.-A. Lemburg mal at
Mon Nov 23 20:59:43 CET 2009

Shan wrote:
> Is there any module in python to connect with netezza database?(like
> cx_Oracle which is used to connect Oracle from python)

You can use our mxODBC database adapters together with the
Netezza ODBC drivers.

For single-tier setups (client application and database
on the same server or the same platform, e.g. both Windows):

For multiple-tier setups (client application on a different
server or different platform, e.g. Linux and Windows):

Marc-Andre Lemburg

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Nov 23 2009)
>>> Python/Zope Consulting and Support ...
>>> mxODBC.Zope.Database.Adapter ...
>>> mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ...

::: Try our new mxODBC.Connect Python Database Interface for free ! :::: Software, Skills and Services GmbH  Pastor-Loeh-Str.48