xmlrpc idea for getting around the GIL

sturlamolden sturlamolden at yahoo.no
Tue Nov 24 05:58:35 EST 2009

On 23 Nov, 22:02, Patrick Stinson <patrickstinson.li... at gmail.com>
wrote:

> What I meant was that I am *not allowed* to make calls to the CPython
> API from the threads I currently have because these threads are high
> priority and are never allowed to make blocking calls. Fortunately,
> each of these threads can have a completely separate interpreter,

This seems confused. What would they do with the interpreter if they
cannot call the CPython API?

> My question was whether or not anyone has done anything like this in
> C/C++.

I have programmed parallel numerical software in Python, including on-
line signal processing. I have yet to find the GIL gets in my way.

Usually people complaining about the GIL does not know what they are
talking about.