High-performance Python websites

Nick Mellor nick.mellor.groups at pobox.com
Wed Nov 25 19:24:57 EST 2009

Hi all,

I'm contemplating setting up a Python-powered website for the tourist
industry, which will involve a web service, a good deal of XML
processing, and a Django-powered front-end. If the project works, it
could get a lot of traffic. I'm sure it can be done, but I'm looking
to find out more about how existing high-volume Python sites have
managed their workload. Can anyone give me examples of high-volume
Python-powered websites, if possible with some idea of their
architecture?

Many thanks,

Nick