High-performance Python websites

ShoqulKutlu kursat.kutlu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 00:59:22 EST 2009

Hi Nick,

Sorry about my concern on Google. It caused a confusion about Google
groups. I didn't mean explicitly where Google uses python, I mentioned
just Google uses Python. A Google officer told that they run Python on
thousands of their servers at an interview. Due to this claim I wanted
to say it for you.
Actualy of course it can be done and even it will not be worse than
any other frameworks, and I bet can be better than Java and ASP.NET if
configured and programmed well. I really encourage you to use
mod_python for any project. Mod_python and mod_wsgi made it very
powerful at web side. As I said in my previous message a web
application's responsiveness is dependent to several issues. A good
web framework, server speed, database design etc.. In this case you
want to use django, which as I know build for mod_python and can be
configured to run on a mod_wsgi web server. Consider that you will
have one million members on your site. That traffic simply needs
several clustered web servers and clustered databases. This means you
supply a load balancing. So concurrent user sessions will be shared on
different web servers. You can do your best with such a clustered
system with such a powerful language. Really don't worry about that.

Regards,
Kutlu