Feature request: String-inferred names

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Nov 26 20:25:43 EST 2009

Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au> writes:

> The Zen promotes the guideline that there should be only one (obvious)
> way to do most things and that's a surprisingly effective design rule.

It's also important to realise that the Zen places the “preferably only
one” in a parenthetical, and note that “preferably” qualifier. That is,
it's:

    There should be one obvious way to do it.

without that parenthetical. I think that “obvious” is the important part
there, and seems to be to be the design principle that (far more than
“only one”) is guiding in Python's development.

--
 \     “Too many pieces of music finish too long after the end.” —Igor |
  `\                                                       Stravinskey |