Imitating "tail -f"

Aahz aahz at
Sun Nov 29 05:29:00 CET 2009

In article <mailman.801.1258871556.2873.python-list at>,
Matt Nordhoff  <mnordhoff at> wrote:
>Jason Sewall wrote:
>> FWIW, GNU tail on Linux uses inotify for tail -f:
>Some other operating systems have similar facilities, e.g. FSEvents on OS X.

Having spent some time with FSEvents, I would not call it particularly
similar to inotify.  FSEvents only works at the directory level.  Someone
suggested pnotify the last time this subject came up, but I haven't had
time to try it out.
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

The best way to get information on Usenet is not to ask a question, but
to post the wrong information.