debugger on system with Python 2 and 3

Yo Sato yosato16 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 07:29:17 EST 2009

Thanx Alan,

I am using Fedora Core 11. I wanted to use emacs, rather than the
full-blown IDE or entirely gui-based debugger, and that's why I was
drawn to pydb in the first instance.

If there's no other choice I don't mind using winpdb, but it is
installed (through Yum) under Python2 library and invokes Py2 at
default... Don't quite know how to adapt it to Py3 or install the
right version under the right directory, yet. It seems as if some
environmental variable change is necessary. On the whole it doesn't
seem that there's much support in the third-party debuggers in general
as yet...

In the meantime I might ask if it is possible to adapt pydb (or
perhaps, IDLE) for Py3. Might be just a change in a env variable or
two...

Yo