Implementation of Book Organization tool (Python2.[x])

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Nov 29 11:06:40 EST 2009

In article <4b0a06b8$1 at dnews.tpgi.com.au>,
Lie Ryan  <lie.1296 at gmail.com> wrote:

>Python dictionary is stored in memory and closing the program ==
>deleting the database. You can pickle dictionary; and this might be
>sufficient for quick and dirty, low-volume purpose. Pickled dictionary
>is the least portable solution; only python program can open a
>pickled dictionary and even different versions of python may have
>incompatibilities.

While that last sentence is technically true, I've never seen it be an
issue for this kind of application when changing versions upward.  IOW,
pickles from previous versions of Python can almost always be read.

The best way to get information on Usenet is not to ask a question, but
to post the wrong information.