Object Not Callable, float?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Nov 30 01:54:52 EST 2009

"W. eWatson" <wolftracks at invalid.com> writes:

> I think I understand it, but how does one prevent it from happening,
> or know it's the cause? That msg I got?

Yes. The line of code was pretty clear: you were attempting to call an
object, and the error message said the object's type doesn't support
being called.

More generally, you should insert an automatic step into your workflow
where you run a static code checker like ‘pyflakes’ over all of your
code to catch common errors and mistakes.

--
 \        “To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no |
  `\       choreography, and the dancers hit each other.” —Jack Handey |