ActivePython vs Python 3.1.1 for OSX?

Jon Clements joncle at
Thu Oct 1 03:07:15 CEST 2009

On 1 Oct, 00:51, Robert Hicks <sigz... at> wrote:
> I am just curious which I should use. I am going to start learning
> Python soon. Are they comparable and I just do a "eenie meenie minie
> moe"?
> Bob

First off, a great choice of language to begin trying! Is it your
first language (I'm guessing not), or do you come from another

Basically, Active is a possible 'superset' of the main distro. of
Python. So, for Windows, for instance, it will offer com objects

I normally stick with the Python core, then use additional libraries
where appropriate.

Just my 2p,