M2Crypto 0.20.1 won't build on Red Hat Linux

Heikki Toivonen hjtoi-better-remove-before-reply at comcast.net
Thu Oct 1 03:23:41 EDT 2009

John Nagle wrote:
> M2Crypto, from
>
> http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/M/M2Crypto/M2Crypto-0.20.1.tar.gz
>
> won't build on Red Hat Linux / 386.  The error is
>
> It's some incompatibility between Red Hat include file packaging and
> M2Crypto.

Yup, all Fedora Core-based systems actually.

> There was at one time a note on how to deal with this problem, but it's
> been deleted.  It's still in Google's cache, though.

Not deleted, but my hosting provider made some changes that put my blog
and a number of sites down, without advance notice, while I was on
vacation :( Blog is back up, so the URL works again:
http://www.heikkitoivonen.net/blog/2009/02/09/m2crypto-build-wrapper-for-fedora-core-based-distributions/

I've also added this to the FAQ:
http://chandlerproject.org/Projects/MeTooCrypto#Code

--