numpy f2py question

George Trojan george.trojan at
Fri Oct 2 22:41:15 CEST 2009

I have a problem with numpy's vectorize class and f2py wrapped old
FORTRAN code. I found that the function _get_nargs() in
site-packages/numpy/lib/ tries to find the number of
arguments for a function from an error message generated when the
function is invoked with no arguments. However, with numpy 1.3.0 the
error message is different that the code expects. Is there any known
solution? I don';t know where the message is coming from, a cursory
check of numpy files did not yield any hits. A ctypes issue?
I did find an  unanswered seven weeks old related posting
though I don't think this is gfortran related. Mine is 4.1.2.