regex (?!..) problem

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Mon Oct 5 04:02:57 EDT 2009

On Monday 05 October 2009, Carl Banks wrote:
> Why do you have to use a regexp at all?

not one but many with arbitrary content.

please read my answer to Stefan. Take a look
at the regexes I am using:
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/games/kmj/src/predefined.py?view=markup

moreover they are saved in a data base. I would
not want to do that with python code.

Actually I already did that - I defined Python classes
which made it possible to write a rule as (example)

self.mjRules.append(Rule('Fourfold Plenty', 'PKong()*4 + Pair()',
limits=1))

see
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/games/kmj/src/rulesets.py?view=markup&pathrev=998607

this was then executed with eval. But eval seems unsafe
and some rules were simply not writable that way without
specialized hard wired python code. That is not what I
envision. Also regex turned out to have about the same
speed IIRC

--
Wolfgang