ANN: GUI2Exe 0.4.0
andrea.gavana at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 18:07:19 CEST 2009
I am happy to announce a new release of GUI2Exe (0.4.0).
What is it?
GUI2Exe is my first attempt to unify all the available "executable
builders" for Python in a single and simple to use graphical user
interface. At the moment the supported executable builders are:
Bug fixes and implementation of new features, namely:
* [py2exe-only]: Possibility to use UPX compression on dlls/exes while
compiling (PyInstaller has a built-in option for it);
* [py2exe-only]: Automatic generation of simple Inno Setup scripts;
* [py2exe-only]: Support for more keywords in the Target class (i.e.,
all distutils keywords are now supported);
* [py2exe-only]: Easy access to the most recent error log file via the
menu Builds => Examine error log file;
* Easy access to the distribution folder via the menu Builds => Open
* [py2exe-only]: A new distribution folder "Explorer" dialog allows to
check which PYDs and DLLs are included, and to quickly exclude them
and then rebuild the script, with "undo" capabilities.
Project home page & downloads:
Bleeding edge SVN repository:
svn checkout http://gui2exe.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ gui2exe-read-only
Project mailing list:
As usual, feedback is more than welcome. Enjoy!
"Imagination Is The Only Weapon In The War Against Reality."
More information about the Python-list