ANN: GUI2Exe 0.4.0

Andrea Gavana andrea.gavana at
Tue Oct 6 18:07:19 CEST 2009

Hi All,

    I am happy to announce a new release of GUI2Exe (0.4.0).

What is it?

GUI2Exe is my first attempt to unify all the available "executable
builders" for Python in a single and simple to use graphical user
interface. At the moment the supported executable builders are:

- py2exe;
- py2app;
- PyInstaller;
- cx_Freeze;
- bbFreeze.

What's new?

Bug fixes and implementation of new features, namely:

* [py2exe-only]: Possibility to use UPX compression on dlls/exes while
compiling (PyInstaller has a built-in option for it);
* [py2exe-only]: Automatic generation of simple Inno Setup scripts;
* [py2exe-only]: Support for more keywords in the Target class (i.e.,
all distutils keywords are now supported);
* [py2exe-only]: Easy access to the most recent error log file via the
menu Builds => Examine error log file;
* Easy access to the distribution folder via the menu Builds => Open
distribution folder;
* [py2exe-only]: A new distribution folder "Explorer" dialog allows to
check which PYDs and DLLs are included, and to quickly exclude them
and then rebuild the script, with "undo" capabilities.

Project information

Project home page & downloads:

Bleeding edge SVN repository:
svn checkout gui2exe-read-only

Project mailing list:

As usual, feedback is more than welcome. Enjoy!