Python: Text file insert to MySQL

Schedule sschedule at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 07:32:17 EDT 2009

That was great ! Now I am able to insert the values from the file.

Somehow I am not able to update a specific field with all the vaues in the
file. For eg:

Before the update my table contents are:
+-------+-------+
| first | last  |
+-------+-------+
| Sara  | Jones |
| Terry | Burns |
| Filiz | Khan  |
+-------+-------+

When I do the update using the following code,
import MySQLdb, csv, sys
conn = MySQLdb.connect (host = "localhost",user = "usr", passwd = "pass",db
= "db")
c = conn.cursor()
csv_data=csv.reader(file("b.txt"))
for row in csv_data:
    print row
    c.execute("UPDATE a SET last = %s", row)
#c.commit()
c.close()

The table contents get updated with the last content of the input file . for
eg
| first | last |
| Sara  | c    |
| Terry | c    |
| Filiz | c    |

the contents of the  b.txt file:

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

James