Rules regarding a post about a commercial product

Robert Kern robert.kern at
Wed Oct 7 17:33:05 CEST 2009

On 2009-10-07 03:59 AM, Ken Elkabany wrote:
> Hello,
> I am hoping to get feedback for a new, commercial platform that
> targets the python programming language and its users. The product is
> currently in a closed-beta and will be free for at least a couple
> months. After reviewing the only rules I could find
> (, I wanted to ask one last
> time to make sure that such a post would be appropriate.

Yes, announcements involving relevant commercial products are welcome within
limits. For example, one announcement per release is perfectly acceptable.
Multiple announcements per release are spam (e.g. "Only five more days left for
our special promotion!!!" "Only four more days ...!!!", etc.). I suspect what
you have in mind is fine.

Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco