best vi / emacs python features

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Wed Oct 7 14:03:55 EDT 2009

> Apart of trolling which is also an activity I like,
> what are the features vim proposes to Python ?
>
> Olivier

Many, but none that you won't find with emacs, so when I'm stating it is
just a matter of personal preference, I mean it :o) "Vi or Emacs" is the
same question as "straight or gay" (order matters! :D).
No one will come and convince you to use one or the other. Launch  both
of them, look at the nice and smooth visual of gvim, compare it with the
ugly skin of emacs and pick your choice !

Beside from trolling, here are the feature I'm using for python:
- syntax highligthts (there are hundreds of different themes, now way
you can't find few you like)
- auto completion of symbols
- code browsing supporting tag files
- (almost) smart indentation