Is pythonic version of scanf() or sscanf() planned?

ryniek90 ryniek90 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 10:26:29 EDT 2009

On 6 Paź, 06:37, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfr... at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 15:48:16 -0700 (PDT), TerryP <bigboss1... at gmail.com>
>
> > In the last 4 years, I have never missed functions like .*scanf() or
> > atoi().
>
> > It's probably a greeaaat thing that Python provides nether as built
> > ins (per se).
>
>         Uhm... Isn't the second one spelled "int()" <G>
> --
>         Wulfraed         Dennis Lee Bieber               KD6MOG
>         wlfr... at ix.netcom.com      HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

Ok thanks all for answers. Not counting .split() methods and regexps,
there's nothing interesting.
But I remember that lambda function also was unwelcome in Python, but
finally it is and is doing well. So maybe someone, someday decide to
put in Python an alternative, really great implementation of scanf() ?