best vi / emacs python features

edexter Eric_Dexter at msn.com
Thu Oct 8 11:31:40 EDT 2009

On Oct 7, 10:07 am, OdarR <olivier.da... at gmail.com> wrote:
> hello,
>
> * this is not a troll *
>
> which kind of help you have with your favorite editor ?
>
> personnally, I find emacs very nice, in the current state of my
> knowledge, when I need to reindent the code.
> you know how this is critical in python...:-)
>
> I don't use other python-mode features for the moment, maybe you have
> some advices.
> I used with success an Xemacs on Solaris, as well as a Aquamacs on
> Mac.
>
> For the vi/vim guys, explain us the best features this editor give you
> in your py files !
>
> thanks,
>
> Olivier

I like alot of the features of both on gvim they show white space
symbols but I find both emacs and gvim a pain to extend
and I need to find a key word and then  hilight columns so because of
the complexity it has become rich edit vs scintilla..
I wrote my own syntax highlighter for rich edit 2 for csound but not
with all the complexity I am planning later..  jedit looked
very intresting but I haven't figured out the output window yet they
do have python embeded well jython anyway (like gvim does)