run exe and create exe

MRAB python at
Sun Oct 11 18:03:51 CEST 2009

daved170 wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I have 2 questions:
> 1) I created my python application. It has QT Gui. How can I make exe
> of it? I don't want everytime I run the file it'll open the command
> line window which does nothing.
> 2) My Application suppose to be a client server app. Anyhow, for now
> It's running only on local host. I added a button that run the server
> file.
> my server file located at "c:\temp\". It takes no arguments.
> I tried the following codes at the push button function:
> os.system(""c:\temp\"") - It stuck my GUI. I guess that this
> function doesn't open a new proccess.
"" is an empty string, so ""c:\temp\"" is just the empty string
"" followed by c:\temp\ and then another empty string "".

> I also tried :
> os.spawnv(os.P_NOWAIT,"c:\temp\");
> It raised the following error:
> OSError: [Errno 8] Exec format error.
> Any Idea what to do?
A backslash starts an escape sequence, which you don't want because it's
a path. You should either double the backslashes:

os.spawnv(os.P_NOWAIT, "c:\\temp\\")

or use a raw string:

os.spawnv(os.P_NOWAIT, r"c:\temp\")