Plotting multiple datasets with gnuplot

Snorri H a.a.ovtchinnikov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 04:00:26 EDT 2009

On Oct 9, 1:36 pm, Rob Garrett <rgagarr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to get gnuplot to display multiple data series on a single
> plot using gnuplot in python.  I've searched around and haven't found
> a solution to how to do this when I have a variable-length list of
> plots to add.

What module are you using for interfacing python to gnuplot? I was
using gnuplot.py (http://gnuplot-py.sourceforge.net) package and it
was pretty easy to plot variable number of datasets on a single plot
with or without multiplot (however more than seven datasets per plot
looks ugly imho). In this case all you have to do is to create a
proper string with commands and pass it to gnuplot.

S.H.