Still wrong architecture on Snow Leopard

Xiao Yu xiao at xiao-yu.com
Tue Oct 13 03:19:27 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I have Snow Leopard and followed 4.6.1 snapshot 20091010's reference
3.4 instructions to configure both SIP and PyQt in i386. Everything
installed fine but when I open Python and tried to import ImageQt, I
get the following error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
   File "/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/PIL/ImageQt.py", line 20,
in <module>
     from PyQt4.QtGui import QImage, qRgb
ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/PyQt4/QtGui.so,
2): no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/PyQt4/QtGui.so: mach-o, but wrong
architecture

What am I still doing wrong? Is there a specific way I have to run
Python etc?

Regards,
Xiao