MUD Game Programmming - Python Modules in C++

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 13 17:56:43 EDT 2009

Christopher Lloyd wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm new to Python and new to this list, although I've done some digging in the archives and already read up on the problem I'm about to describe.
>
> I'm a relatively inexperienced programmer, and have been learning some basic C++ and working through the demos in Ron Penton's "MUD Game Programming" book. In it, Python modules are run from inside a C++ program.
>
> The problem that I'm having is making the Python part work. Take the following code:
[...]

Can't help you on your immediate problem, but is there any reason why you would go the
route of embedding python in C++ ? Why not just stick to (pure) Python?
Embedding C or C++ stuff as extension modules in Python (if you really need to do this)
is easier than the other way around, in my experience.

--irmen