id( ) function question

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 07:18:16 EDT 2009

What is going on is that a few objects that are often used, in
particular the small (how small is small depends on the
implementation) integers, are 'preloaded'. When one of these is then
referred to, a new object is not created, but the pre-defined object
is used. 10 is apparently a preloaded constant in your implementation,
1e10 is not.

As far as I know, only None is _guaranteed_ to be such a preloaded
object, so one should not rely on it in implementations.