Problem with character encoding in commandline

gialloporpora "sandrodll[remove]" at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 15 12:54:59 EDT 2009

Dear all,
I have a strange problem that I am not able to solve myself.
I have written a little Python script to download image from last.fm,
now, if I call it from the python environment  it works, if I call it
from Windows console it doesn't works

If I open the prompt and run python  I call the function:
(the code is at the end of message)
 >>> lastfm.decodeArgs("é")  (e acute è in html)
I obtain this result:
%C3%A9
that is the correct output.

if I open the windows console (cmd) without enter in Python envinroment,
and I call script from commandline:

lastfm.py é

the result is:
%C3%9A

that is not the same and I don't understand the reason.

If I give the command : chcp from console I have:
Active code page: 850
the same code table that I see using the  sys.stdin.encoding inside
Python envinroment.
Someone know  where I make wrong ?

Thanks
Sandro

My code (only the parts that not works)

======================
import sys
from urllib import quote_plus
def  decodeArgs(s):
	return quote_plus(s.decode(sys.stdin.encoding).encode("utf-8"))
if __name__ == '__main__':
	args=sys.argv[1]
	print decodeArgs(args)

--
*gialloporpora: Alex Faaborg - » Browsing Your Personal Web
http://ff.im/9JDwm * - http://sn.im/shv8b