sqlite question

koranthala koranthala at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 20:25:17 EDT 2009

Hi,
   I use sqlalchemy to use a sqlite db in my program. The program is
working perfectly as of now. But now, a new requirement has come that
the db has to be encrypted.
   I found two options while searching internet - SQLite Encryption
Extension and Sqlite-Crypt. Now, buying the license is not an issue.
But I cannot understand how to use it along with sqlalchemy.
   There are two issues here -
(1) If I am buying the encrypted db, then I get only the C-code. I am
not sure how sqlalchemy links to the sqlite code.
(2) In the sqlalchemy documention, I couldnt find anything associated
with encryption.

Has anybody done this? Is it possible to use encrypted sqlite along
with sqlalchemy?

TIA