py2exe and croatian letters

Mark Tolonen metolone+gmane at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 12:24:52 EDT 2009

"Samir Alukovic at work" <a.dexterlab at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ab6475d0-133c-478d-8f08-eafea0733701 at j39g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...
>I am making a simple program in Croatian. In the beginning I set "# -
> *- coding: cp1250 -*-" code and when i run it in Python shell it comes
> out fine, but when i compile it with py2exe he doesn't print out
> croatian letters but he prints out tottaly other letters. I checked
> the CMD and it supports croatian letters. If you want an source code
> and setup file send me an e-mail at a.dexterlab at gmail.com

Not knowing what were considered Croatian characters, I found
http://www.geocities.com/click2speak/unicode/chars_hr.html for my testing.

Run 'chcp' from CMD and see what code page you are in.  I was able to output
correctly by changing the codepage from 437 (my U.S. default), to 1250.  I
also had to change my console window font from 'Raster Fonts' to 'Lucida
Console', since the former supported the cp437 character set only.

-Mark