dav caldav webdav

nerak99 t100ss at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 11:29:34 EDT 2009

I want to write a script to add events to a groupware calendar. I am
using sogo and i have a test server tom play with.

I want to be able to script a process of accessing a file of ~10^5
events into a calendaring system so that I can prepopulate a load of
calendars with the users' timetables at the beginning of an academic
year. It does not seem to be too difficult according to some

> 2009/10/6 Helge Hess <helge.hess at opengroupware.org>
>
> On 06.10.2009, at 09:35, Brian Lockwood wrote:
>>
>>> In order to use Python to do bulk calendar updates I need the API for the
>>> Python libraries involved. Any idea where I can find them?
>>> Brian
>>>

>> http://caldav.calconnect.org/implementations/librariestools.html
>>
>> But you can also just use httplib and contruct/parse the PROPFINDs
>> manually. Not that hard.

Helge may be correct but I need a little more help to get started.

I have come to the conclusion that I need a library with an
appropriate api and have found zanshin. It would be incredibly helpful
to find some code snippets or examples or an api to help get started
on this.